The LiFOS Lithium Battery is an advanced battery using the new premium in lithium battery chemistries - Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4)...
LiFOS delivers reliable and safe power in virtually all conditions. Perfect for voltage sensitive and high cycling applications including leisure, commercial and off grid renewable energy installations.
LiFOS has a 5-year warranty and its integral Battery Management System (BMS) guarantees its Depth of Discharge (DOD) does not exceed 90%, thus ensuring that LiFOS gives no less than 2750 charge and discharge cycles – see graph on back page of the downloadable brochure below. Further, if LiFOS is only partially discharged to 50% of its capacity, for example, the number of times it can be charged and discharged jumps to 5000 (+13yrs).
Battery Management and Communication System
LiFOS has uniquely designed hardware/software integrated into each battery which allows it to:
- Operate heavy loads up to 1000w (e.g. caravan motor movers);
- Protect the battery from deep discharging;
- Be charged by most mains lead acid battery charger <40Ah, vehicle alternator or solar panel;
- The BMS has also been specially designed for use with DC to DC chargers;
- Speed up charging times, whether being powered by mains or solar;
- Provide users with a unique view of the charge and discharge performance of their battery on a smartphone via a simple-to-understand Android or Apple App. This free to download App provides extremely accurate information – generally far more so than a typical analogue battery meter. The App, once connected to a smart device, will also sends users a reminder to put their LiFOS on charge once it has been discharged to 30%, thus further prolonging its life.
LiFOS is fitted with removable terminal posts, compatible with caravan quick release connectors, so that it can fit in the smallest space possible. The posts can be removed and ring terminals connected directly onto the terminal plates. In addition, two LiFOS batteries can be joined in parallel to create double the (AH) capacity. (Please Note that currently, the LiFOS68 cannot be used in a Series Connection to create higher voltages, but product in the near future will be able to be used in both Parallel or Series layouts)
LiFOS is a featherweight 7.8kgs. When compared to a good quality 120Ah lead acid battery at circa 34kgs, LiFOS gives an impressive 77% weight saving – and in motor campers, caravans and boats, saving 27+ kilograms can be crucial.
LiFOS does not emit noxious gases therefore does not need to be housed in a specially vented chamber. LiFOS has a huge operating temperature range of -20 to +60 °C and it can be used in any orientation (e.g. on its side), although on its base will give the best performance. Like all batteries it should not be allowed to discharge fully over a long period and if it will be left without any power input for a 6-month period the LiFOS must be charged. A warning will be sent via the App as a reminder – see previous page, ‘Battery Management and Communication System’.
In many commercial applications, a battery is used in combination with a solar panel to provide power to equipment such as car park ticket machines, electric fences, data loggers and street lighting, to name but a few. In such devices the cost of the battery itself is small compared with the cost of sending a technician once a year to change the battery. LiFOS will reduce this service visit to once every 7.5yrs, meaning that labour and material savings due to LiFOS soon become very significant. Not only that but waste, vehicle congestion and carbon emissions are reduced.