Taxi batteries have to be extremely hard working, and need to be capable of starting and stopping the taxi’s engine all day, every day….
The demands of carrying passengers from place to place, day in day out, take their toll on the Taxi, especially the Taxi’s battery. Therefore, a quality taxi battery is required to start the Taxi engine many times during a shift, or multiple shifts. The constant drain and constant charging of the Taxi battery, adds a much larger strain than would be the case for a conventional car.
Also, most Taxis have diesel engines which again will put added strain on the battery. When combined with the multiple start requirements it is essential that a premium battery with advanced technology is required to ensure reliability.
For these reasons many taxis are using AGM and EFB Taxi batteries because of their Stop Start workload. These batteries are designed and engineered for the constant drain and demands of taxi’s everyday use.
At BBL Batteries we stock a full range of premium quality AGM and EFB Batteries. We can also advise you which battery would suit your requirements best. Just call or visit one of our branches and our team of battery experts will answer any questions you may have.
We also stock and supply a wide range of Dash Cams, ideal for use in Taxis. The dashcam BBL would recommend for Taxis is the SW011 with features including: -
- Front and rear view camera
- Wide angle lens (140 degrees) and the back wide-angle lens of 120 degrees can be rotated up and down 20 degrees
- Built-in CMOS 1/4 inch low-noise and high-quality element can capture a clear picture
- Built-in lithium battery with charging to protect last vide upon power loss
- Built-in microphone and speaker
- Support high-capacity MicroSD Card
- Automatic recording function when power is applied
- Delayed start function to prevent current damage at the moment the vehicle starts
- GPS positioning
- G-Sensor recording
Everything you need is supplied in the SW011 box, even the compliance stickers informing passengers that there is a camera in operation!
Please contact us to find out more…
- Bristol - 0117 9550535
- Plymouth - 01752 338501
- Swindon - 01793 616646
- Truro - 01872 270011
- Exeter - 01392 254418
- Evesham - 01386 429020
- Head Office - 0117 9550536